* This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Sandwich Wildlife Park
Sandwich Wildlife Park is situated just outside the Kent village of Sandwich.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please email email@example.com.
- For full details of how to reach us please see the “Location” section of our website.
- The nearest train station is Sandwich (1.2 miles).
- Bus services operated by Stagecoach South East operate near our park. There is a bus stop along road which has our oposite trun off at the round-about (Deal Road). When travelling using this bus service or on foot please be very careful of the road when crossing as it is a busy, fast road.
- You can plan your journey by car to us by putting yours and our post codes (CT13 0DG) in to a route planning website.
Car Parking and Arrival
- We have plenty of free car parking for our visitors only.
- The whole car park has a tarmac finish.
- The walk from the car park to the main entrance is paved from start to finish.
- Doors at the entrance open inwards and are of a generous double door width for easy access for all types of wheelchair and even double buggies. These doors are left open during park opening hours however, should they be shut during park opening hours, staff are always available in the reception to help with doors.
Main Entrance, Reception, Coffee Shop and Ticketing Area
- The main entrance, coffee shop and ticket area is situated on the ground floor with step free access throughout.
- The entrance building is lit using energy saving LED lighting system.
- This area has 5 toilet cubicles, with one of these being for disabled visitors.
- Tables in the coffee shop are well spaced apart with a variety of heights, and various different chair types to choose from.
- We do our best to cater for food allergies and have information freely available to advise of food allergens in our menu items. This information is available in text and illustrated form, with staff available offer to assistance.
- Food orders are prepared to order. As such there may be a wait for food, it will be brought out to your table.
- All of our staff are regularly trained in customer care and emergency procedures which includes assistance to disabled visitors during evacuation procedures.
- We are sorry to say that due to having a number of shy and / or nervous species in the park as well as enclosures covered by the EU balai directive, protecting the park and its animals from incoming diseases we are unable to have dogs within the wildlife park grounds, including seeing eye dogs, however they are welcome to join you in the coffee shop.
Local Accessible Taxi Companies
- Canterbury Galaxy Taxis – 24 hour wheelchair friendly service – www.galaxytaxi.co.uk
- Longport Taxi Service – Disabled / easy access taxi – www.longportcabs.co.uk
- Greenlight – 24 hour wheelchair and guide dog friendly service – www.greenlighttaxis.co.uk
- Thanet Cars – Wheelchair friendly taxi – www.thanetcars.com/