Sandwich Wildlife Park has been shut since 23rd March, and in line with new government guidance on COVID-19 regulations we will be opening back up on 4th July… Here’s all you need to know about what will be a reduced experience to begin with.
From 13th July we will once again be starting the majority of our animal experiences. We are still making some changes to the assessment for the tigers and maned wolf which will be starting again very soon, however the lemur experience, will be delayed a little while longer still. We will be making the following small changes during your experience which is designed to keep you, other visitors, our staff and of course the animals safe at this time, and as such ask that you please follow these new instructions:
– Gloves must be worn during all experiences.
– Please wear a face mask when doing an experience with our kusimanse, meerkats, cheetah and sloth.
– Our keepers will be wearing face shields for all experiences.
We will from 4th July however be resuming our guided park tours which will be 90 minutes long and limited to just 15 people per tour… Here’s what you can expect when you come to the park:
- Please pre-book your ticket by clicking here or the link below.
- A maximum of 15 people will be allowed on each tour and you will be asked to maintain social distancing from people on the tour who are outside of your family or social bubble.
- There will not be any one way systems or signs in place because you will be guided around the park for the whole time within your group.
- When indoors or in areas with limited viewing we may, depending on the size of the group give you background information about the animals and then open it up to questions as you browse those smaller areas.
The catering facilities will be open with modified seating arrangements to allow for easy social distancing while you enjoy a full menu and a gorgeous cup of Lazavva coffee!
How can you help?
These are still desperate times for our park, but with your support we know that we can make it through.
We have had a number of people ask how they can help with the animals. The easiest way to help, and we understand that during this time which is very taxing for everyone is to make a donation to our operating fund. During this time of closure we are doing everything we can to ensure that our welfare levels remain as high as always.
If you did wish to make a donation through our online shop please use the button below:
Alternatively you can use our bank details to make a direct donation in to our account:
Wingham Wildlife Park
Sort Code:- 60-14-05
Account number:- 52081214
We appreciate all the support which is offered to us, and thank everyone for having patience with us during these testing times.
If you want to help but do not wish to send a financial donation during this difficult and uncertain time, as we have mentioned above we are trying to keep our supply levels as high as we can, and in case of shortages of certain products please do feel free to continue donating items as some of you do from time to time. We will always use vegetables (which are short in shops at present but perhaps you grow your own or have purchased too much), peanut butter, honey, nuts (lots of nuts) and other similar items.