Sandwich Wildlife Park was shut from 23rd March until 4th July, but in line with new government guidance on COVID-19 regulations we are back open and with a whole new experience for you to enjoy!
Here’s what you can expect when you come to the park:
- Tickets must be pre-booked for entry to the park.
- There is a one way system in place around the jungle which is shown using signs, ropes and a map, please follow these at all times.
- Please follow the instructions on any signs you may see.
- Practice social distancing at a distance of 2 m between you and other visitors at all time.
- We are enforcing the rule of 6, so please do not come as a larger group. If you are a single household of more than 6 people please get in touch before you visit to allow us to help you with the tickets.
- You will need to wear a face covering in all of our indoor areas which includes the jungle, toilets and coffee shop (unless you are sat at a table for food and drink). A face covering does not need to be a mask and can be as simple as a snood or scarf.
- Picnics are not allowed inside the park and only food and drink purchased at the park may be consumed in the coffee shop or on the outdoor seating areas.
If you are visiting us for an animal experience we have a few extra precautions for you to expect as well:
- Gloves must be worn during all experiences.
- Please wear a face mask when doing an experience with our kusimanse, meerkats, tigers, lemurs, cheetah and sloth.
- Our keepers will be wearing face shields for all experiences.
The catering facilities will be open with modified seating arrangements to allow for easy social distancing while you enjoy a full menu and a gorgeous cup of Lazavva coffee!
How can you help?
These are still desperate times for our park, but with your support we know that we can make it through.
We have had a number of people ask how they can help with the animals. The easiest way to help, and we understand that during this time which is very taxing for everyone is to make a donation to our operating fund. During this time of closure we are doing everything we can to ensure that our welfare levels remain as high as always.
If you did wish to make a donation through our online shop please use the button below:
Alternatively you can use our bank details to make a direct donation in to our account:
Wingham Wildlife Park
Sort Code:- 60-14-05
Account number:- 52081214
We appreciate all the support which is offered to us, and thank everyone for having patience with us during these testing times.
If you want to help but do not wish to send a financial donation during this difficult and uncertain time, as we have mentioned above we are trying to keep our supply levels as high as we can, and in case of shortages of certain products please do feel free to continue donating items as some of you do from time to time. We will always use vegetables (which are short in shops at present but perhaps you grow your own or have purchased too much), peanut butter, honey, nuts (lots of nuts) and other similar items.